Wes Bentley is an American actor best known for his role in the Oscar-winning film American Beauty. Wesley Cook Bentley was born on September 4, 1978, in Jonesboro, Arkansas. His parents, David, and Cherie Bentley are United Methodist ministers. Wes has three brothers, Jamey and Philip being older and Patrick being younger. He attended Sylvan Hills High School, Arkansas and during that time, he was in the drama club.
Wes Bentley Career
Wes was discovered at an open cattle call for the film Rent. A casting director spotted him and asked him to read for his film. Seven callbacks later he was given the role, but the movie was never made. Bentley made his on-screen debut in Jonathon Demme’s Beloved. He starred in the Oscar-winning film American Beauty for which he revived a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Supporting Actor. He then appeared in various movies such as The Four Feathers and P2.
Wes played game maker Seneca Crane in the blockbuster movie Hunger Games. In Ghost Rider, he played the role of the main antagonist called Blackheart, a demonic being. Later, he starred alongside Scott Speedman in HBO’s Open and also in the thriller Dolan’s Cadillac, which is based on the short story by Stephen King. In 2014, he played a guest role in American Horror Story: Freak Show.
For the fifth season of American Horror Story: Hotel, he was promoted to the main cast where he played the role of Detective John Lowe. In the sixth season titled American Horror Story: Roanoke, he played the main role of Ambrose White and Dylan. Wes made his professional stage debut with Nina Arianda in the award-winning play Venus in Fur, by David Ives. The documentary My Big Break, dictates his struggle as an unknown actor, his sudden fame, his subsequent emotional struggle with fame, and his admission that he was recovering from an addiction. He is one of the main subjects along with his former roommates, actors Chad Lindberg, Brad Rowe, and Greg Fawcett. He plays the role of Jamie Dutton in the drama series Yellowstone.
Wes Bentley Biography
|Wesley Cook Bentley
|September 4, 1978
|Jonesboro, Arkansas, U.S.
|in feet inches – 5’ 11” – in Centimetres – 180 cm
|in Kilograms – 74 kg – in Pounds – 163 lbs
|Jamey Bentley, Philip Bentley, Patrick Bentley
|Sylvan Hills High School
|Is he a Gay?
|Two (Charles Bentley, Brooklyn Bentley)
Wes was married to actress Jennifer Quanz from 2001 to 2009. Due to his substance abuse, they separated in 2006 and divorced in 2009. In 2010, he married producer Jacqui Swedenborg. They have a son who was born in 2010. Their second child, a daughter named Brooklyn, was born in 2014.
Wes Bentley Net Worth
He has entered the acting industry since 1995 and contributed to more than 40 movies and television series. His main source of income is obviously acting. Apart from this, he accumulates a notable amount from endorsements and other projects. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be around $3 million.
- Wes grew up in a Mountain Home, Arkansas where he played the drums at his local junior high school.
- His interest in acting came from Improv Comedy.
- He, his brother Patrick, his best friend Damien Bunting, and another close friend Josh Cowdery developed an Improv group called B(3) + C.
- Wes loves playing soccer in his free time.
- He was addicted to drugs, including cocaine and heroin, in most of the 2000s.
- Bentley was cast as Sonny in Monster’s Ball before he dropped out and was replaced by Heath Ledger.
- While filming Three Below Zero in 1998, the director Simon Aeby forbade Bentley from skateboarding to the set in New York City because he was the principal talent and needed to be on set every day of filming. But Bentley ignored the director’s advice and continued to arrive each day via the skateboard.