Dan Kaminsky was a talented and popular American Security Researcher who gained fame for his work on discovering crucial DNS Security Flaws, Sony Rootkit infections, and popular talks at Black Hat Briefing.
Dan was born in 1979, the exact details about his birthday have not been shared with the media yet. He hails from the United States of America. The details about his parents and siblings have not been shared with the media yet.
Dan is a high school graduate but the details have not been shared with the media. For his higher and further studies, he went to Santa Clara University. He graduated in 2002 and earned a degree in Operations and Management of Information Services.
Dan Kaminsky Career
After his education, he began his career by using practical knowledge and discovered fundamental flaws in Domain Name System Protocol. In 2003 he started working as a Senior Security Consultant at Avaya for two years. Even, he worked as Director of Penetration Testing at IOActive in 2005 as well.
In March 2010 he was the founder of Recursion Venture. Later in July 2012 he worked as Chief scientist and co-founder of White Ops and is working for more than 8 years. Along with that, he has also spent his career advising Fortune 500 companies like Cisco, Avaya, and Microsoft.
Cause of Death
On 24th April 2021, the press confirmed his death. According to sources, he did not die of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic but he faced complications due to Diabetic Ketoacidosis. The news of his death came out through a tweet from Marc Rogers, a security researcher, and a BBC Contributor.
Dan Kaminsky Biography
|23 April 2021
|Computer security Researcher
|in feet inches – 5’ 10” – in Centimetres – 178 cm Approx.
|in Kilograms – 74 kg – in Pounds – 165 lbs
|Santa Clara University
The details about his personal life have not been shared with the media yet. He has also not shared his past relationship details with the media. His focus has always been on his work and also spends quality time with his family.
Dan Kaminsky Net Worth
Dan earned a lot by working in cybersecurity research along with that he has worked with various firms and has also established his own firm. He also worked as a career advisor for various cyber companies. According to sources his net worth has been estimated at around $2 million. His other sources of income were from sponsorship and by attending events.
- On 16th June 2010, he was named by ICANN as one of the Trusted Community Representatives for DNSSEC Root.
- In June 2010 he released Interpolique which is a Beta framework for addressing injections attack.
- He showed that Sony Rootkit had infected at least 568,000 computers.
- He spent three years working on Microsoft Vista, Server 2008, and Windows 7 releases.
- Recently he was focusing on developing a system to reduce the cost and complexity of securing critical infrastructure.
- He was also the founder of HUMAN located in New York which is a cybersecurity company that protects enterprises from bot attacks to keep digital experience human.