Tony Armatrading was a fantastic actor who was most popular for his contribution to several films. More than films, he was well recognized for his simplicity and decency. He crashed into lime-lights when his movie Notting Hills was released. This movie broke all the records and became the most-watched movie entirely.
Tony Armatrading was born in the year 1961 in Birmingham, West Midlands, England, United Kingdoms. He has kept his family’s identity aloof from the media. However, it is known that his brother Joan Armatrading is a mainstream vocalist and musician. He is also a guitarist and has three Grammy selections up to the point. There is no such information available regarding the actor’s education and qualification. However, given his accomplishments, it is highly known that he is well educated.
Tony Armatrading Career
The talented Legend has broken all the records through his acting skills. He began his career at an early age as he didn’t belong to a privileged family. Tony had made his own struggles to reach the peak. He started his acting career in the year 1979 on the BBC TV series Empire Road. At the age of 17, he knew where he should invest all his struggles and what profession he should opt for. he started working backstage at the prestigious Birmingham Repertory Theatre as Head Flyman. During that time, he auditioned for the role of porter in Whose Life Is It Anyway at Birmingham Rep. Theatre and fortunately got the part.
Shortly afterward got his first role at the Royal National Theatre as a Messenger in Measure for Measure. Tony’s love for theatre found him touring the UK while playing the lead role in Jelly Roll Soul. he later joined The Royal Shakespeare Company. After three seasons with the RSC Tony returned to television with guest spots on The Bill and EastEnders.
Cause of Death
The news of Tony Armatrading’s sudden demise had kept us all shocking and in deep grief. The legendary actor took his last breath on 10th May 2021 which filled social media with condolences from all over the world. According to the medical reports, he died of cancer. He had been suffering through it for a very long time. His best friend, Tim Bentinck confirmed the news of his death with a heavy heart by posting about it on Twitter.
Tony Armatrading Biography
|November 30, 1961
|Age (as of 2021)
|Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
|in feet inches – 5’ 8” – in Centimeters – 173 cm
|in Kilograms – 80 kg – in Pounds – 176 lbs
|Who is his Wife?
Tony was married to Suzan Crowley. She is an actor and a producer. The couple resides in Los Angeles, California, and owned a pet namely Dash. She was with Tony during his last moments. We do not have enough data if the couple parented any children or not.
Tony Armatrading Net Worth
Tony was a rich personality as he was considered to be one of the best actors. However, he has accumulated a sound net worth during his lifetime. His estimated net worth is around $11 million and his annual salary is under review. It is highly known that his source of income is from being a professional theatre and film actor.
- Tony’s first TV series, Empire Road is considered Britain’s first all-black drama series.
- In 1985, tony appeared in several run shows at London’s Theatre Royal Stratford East and The Tricycle Theatre Playing lead roles at August Wilson’s Joes Turners Come & Gone and Two Trains Running.
- At the Royal Shakespeare Company, Armatrading spent one of the most fulfilling times of his career to date and had the pleasure of collaborating with directors Trevor Nunn, John Tybalt, and many more.
- Beyond acting, He was a member of the Performance Faculty at Calarts teaching BFA Shakespeare performances.
- Tony was passionate about technology who owned and ran small multimedia called Way Out West in London with clients including Waterhouse Coopers and Pfizer.
- The movies that got him into fame were, Now You See Me 2 in 2016, Notting Hill in 1999, and The Saint in 1997.