Jerome Tang is an American college basketball head coach for the Kansas State University basketball Wildcats. Formerly he was an assistant coach under Scott Drew. Jerome garnered a lot of fame on the basketball field. He has an integral role in the rise of the team Bears. His career as a basketball coach spans over 25 years.
Jerome was born on 7, October 1966 in San Fernando, Trinidad, and Tobago. But shortly after his birth, his family moved to St.Croix in the US Virginia Islands. Later his family relocated to Texas when he turned 10. Jerome is of mixed origin. His father is half black and half Chinese Paul Tang. Whereas his mother is Indian Bano Tang. He grew up in Texas along with his siblings. Jerome did his initial schooling at North Central Bible College in Minneapolis. In 2007 he earned a bachelor’s degree via online learning from Charter Oak State College.
Jerome Tang Career
Jerome first started working as head coach at Heritage Christian Academy in Cleveland, Texas. He was also the athletic director and worked there for almost 10 years. He helped the team become a strong contender. While working there he trained now-famous NBA player Von Wafer. In 2003 he started working as an assistant under head coach Scott Drew at Baylor. He worked under Scott for 14 years. Then he was promoted to associate head coach for the next five seasons. Under his guidance Bears won the 2021 NCAA championship. In 2022 he completed 19 years working at Baylor.
He has a pivotal role in Bear’s rise to the national level. Jerome helped the Bears win more than 18+ matches in 15 seasons. The team posted a 361-153 record. In NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 Baylor appeared five times in the years 2010 to 2021. Apart from the win, 13 players went on to play for NBA. Tang became the head coach of the Kansas State Wildcats in 2022. He replaced former head coach Bruce Weber. The Wildcats made a six-year deal with him worth $14.1 million. In 2023 he won the award of Big 12 coach of the year, District 6 coach of the year, and District 8 coach of the year.
Jerome Tang (Coach) Biography
|7 October 1966
|Age (as of 2023)
|San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
|Charter Oak State
|in feet inches – 5’ 7” – in Centimeters – 170 cm
|in Kilograms – 84 kg – in Pounds – 185 lbs
|Who is his wife?
|Two (Seven, Aylyn)
Jerome Tang Wife
Jerome is married to Careylyen and they have a son and a daughter together. His son’s name is Seven and his daughter is Aylyn. He has adopted two sons as well. Their names are Lamard and Richard. Jerome has a very loving simple family. He keeps his private life low profile.
Jereme Tang Net worth
Jerome has a successful career working as a head coach. He has gained a lot of fame. His annual salary is approx 2.1 million dollars. He has amassed a huge sum of money. His estimated net worth is $10 million USD.
- He made history by being the first black man to be the head coach in K- State.
- Jerome will be the fifth minority man working as a head coach at the school level.
- During a match between the Wildcats and the Jayhawks, the teammates of the Wildcats used vulgar language against the Jayhawks.
- Jerome tang has to take matters into his hand and he urged the students to end this long-lasting tradition of rivalry. He even had to stop the students from chanting an expletive against the university.
- In 2011 it was reported that there was a violation in men’s and women’s sports programs at Baylor University. NCAA announced a punishment that prohibited Jerome tang from making recruiting calls for more than two months.