Steven Montez is an American football quarterback who currently plays for the Washington Football Team in the NFL. He played football in college in Colorado and got drafted from an undrafted agent by Washington in 2020. He showed a young and promising star of the future in the preseason game against the Patriots as he threw a touchdown pass.
He was born on 14th January 1997 in Oakland, California, and raised in his hometown El Paso, Texas. Steven’s father’s name is Alfred who used to play with Oakland Raiders in the NFL in 1996. He provided successful coaching to his son at Del Valle. During this term with Colorado, Montez was playing as a member of the Sigma Pi fraternity. He started playing football at a very young age. To begin with his career life, Montez attended Del Valle High School in El Paso.
During his career life, he scored almost 6,512 passing yards with 86 touchdowns and a total of 8,149 yards as an offense. He made a contract with the University of Colorado Boulder to play football in college. Montez being a three-star recruit chose Colorado over other offers including UTEP, New Mexico State, and Air Force.
Steven Montez Career
Steven Montez opted for redshirting during his first year at Colorado in 2015. After this, he played almost 10 games and made three consecutive starts as a redshirt freshman in 2016. He spent most of his years as the backup to Sefo Liufau and started three games because of his injuries. He attempted 83 out of 140 passes with the total yard of 1,078, nine touchdowns, and five interceptions. In 2017, he entered the year as the quarterback. In his first 12 starts, he completed 228 out of 377 passes and scored 2,975 yards with 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He returned in the year 2018 as a starter.
Later in 2019, he returned with his senior season while playing enthusiastically for the football game. In 2020, Montez got endorsed for the Washington Football Team as an undrafted free agent. But later on 5 September 2020 he was rejected with the contract and soon signed the practice squad the next day. Montez was signed to the active roster for the Week 15 and 16 games against Seattle Seahawks and Carolina Panthers in the second week of December 2020. He was reverted to practice squad with each game. Again for the game of week 17, he was signed to the active roster that was played against Philadelphia Eagles.
Steven Montez Biography
|Real Name||Steven Montez|
|Birth Date||January 14, 1997|
|Age (as of 2021)||24 Years|
|Birth Place||Oakland, California, USA|
|Profession||American Football Player|
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 5” – in Centimeters – 196 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 107 kg – in Pounds – 235 lbs|
|Shoe Size||12 (U.S.)|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|School||Del Valle High School|
|Marital Status||In Relation|
Steven is currently in a relationship with a gorgeous girl named Brooklyn Varnadore also knowns as “dog mom”. When he stays away from the field, he likes to spend that valuable time with his love and they are dating for more than five years now.
Steven Montez Net worth
Steven is a self-made successful American football member who is estimated to earn $1.5 million from his fame and game.
- He has gained millions of followers and fans over the social media pages and platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- He loves to be connected with dogs and is a great dog lover.
- There was a time when Steven had to take care of his younger siblings while his parents worked for them.
- He never complained of his house conditions, this all made him grow quickly and become mature.
- He was involved in football from a young age which helped him to gain huge fame tremendously.
- Being at such a young age, it was difficult for him to manage his conditions with his growing passion, but he managed everything despite being away from his mother.
- He worked hard in the classroom and on the football field. Even today, he does everything that can make him raise as a good man.
- He scored the final numbers from his first 2021 NFL preseason game. He showed off his attribute as a rostered NFL quarterback.