An American media personality, Martha Raddatz serves as a reporter for ABC News. She is working as the network’s Chief Global Affairs Correspondent for ABC’s ‘World News Tonight with David Muir, Nightline, and several other network broadcasts. She has also made several guest appearances and has also served as a co-anchor and fill-in anchor. At the moment, she is one of the most loved and famous reporters in the country.
Martha was born on 14th February 1953 in Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States of America. But later, after her father died, her mother, who was a Salt Lake City resident, moved her and her older sister back there. Not much data is available regarding her family and her parent’s and siblings’ identity is still kept aloof.
Martha studied at East Lake High in Salt Lake City, Utah, and received her diploma in 1971. Later for her higher education, she enrolled in the University of Utah but unfortunately was unable to complete her education and took a drop to work at a local station.
Martha Raddatz Career
Martha started her professional career while dropping her studies and joining the local station. Later, through many hardships and struggles, she became the Chief Correspondent at the ABC News Boston affiliate WCVB-TV. She covered the Pentagon for ‘National Public Radio’ from 1993 to 1998. She began her tenure while singing at ABC News in 1999. There she first served as the network’s State Department correspondent and later, in May 2003, became ABC’s senior national security correspondent. On 8th June 2006, Martha got the tip that terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been located and killed.
This tip made ABC News, the first news organization in the world to break the news shortly after 2:30 a.m. Furthermore, she got promoted and became the network’s chief White House correspondent for the last term of the George Washington Bush administration. In November 2008, she got appointed to her current position as ABC’S senior Foreign Affairs Correspondent. Raddatz also served as a moderator and co-moderator. In 2017, she was aired as a reporter interviewing the President-elect of the US in the episode ‘Imminent Risk’ of the Showtime series ‘Homeland’. She is also known for serving as a co-anchor and primary fill-in anchor in ‘The Week with George Stephanopoulos’.
The popular media personality is well-known for her profession as well as for having up-to-date social media. On her Instagram @martharaddatz, she has a reach of 28.7k followers, where she usually posts videos while reporting and pictures with her friends and family. On her Twitter, he enjoys 128.7k followers under the username @MarthaRaddatz.
Martha Raddatz Biography
|Real Name||Martha Raddatz|
|Birth Date||February 14, 1953|
|Age (as of 2021)||68 Years|
|Birth Place||Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 6” – in Centimeters – 186 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 54 kg – in Pounds – 000 lbs|
|Shoe Size||7 (U.S.)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|School||East Lake High School|
|College||University of Utah|
|Who is her husband?||Ben Bradlee Jr., Julius Genachowski (div. 1997), Tom Gjelten (m. 1997)|
|Children||Two (Greta Bradlee & Jake Genachowski)|
Martha has been married three times. She was married to Ben Bradlee Jr, who was a Pulitzer prize-winning editor on the Boston Globe investigations unit, and a son to former Washington Post Executive editor named Benjamin C. Bradlee. But their marriage didn’t work out, so they parted ways. Later, in 1991, she got married to Julius Genachowski, who was a chairman of the US Federal Communications Commission under the Obama administration. Unfortunately, her 2nd marriage also got failed.
At present, she is married to Tom Gjelten, a journalist, who serves as NPR’s religion and belief correspondent. They first met at NPR and started dating. The couple is known to have no children together but Martha has two children from her previous marriages, a daughter, Greta Bradlee, an attorney, and a son, Jake Genachowski, a video marketer, a football and softball coach at the Maret School, and also a campus tour guide.
Martha Raddatz Net Worth
Having worked in the media industry for almost three decades, Raddatz has been able to gather good fortune. Her estimated net worth is $2.5 million while her annual salary as ABC’s chief global correspondent is around $100,000. She is a 68-year-old lady who has accumulated a lot of wealth and still expecting more. She is leading her royal life lavishly along with her husband and children while spending quality time with them.
- Martha is the author of a book called ‘The Long Road Home – a story of war and family. This book is all about the battle in Iraq that made both The New York Times and The Washington Post best-sellers lists.
- She is been honored with numerous awards and nominations such as, in 2012, she received the ‘First Amendment Award’ from the Radio Television Digital News Foundation for excellence in Journalism as well as the prestigious ‘Fred Friendly First Amendment Award’.
- Raddatz received four ‘Emmy Awards’ which include, an Emmy for being on the Team covering the inauguration of Barack Obama, the attacks of September 11th, and the killing of Osama Bin Laden.
- She is also a receiver of the ‘2007 International Urbino Press Award’, the ‘2005 Daniel Pearl Award’ from the Chicago Journalist Association, and ‘1996 Overseas Press Club Award’ for her coverage of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin.
- She was awarded ‘The Merriman Smith memorial Award’ by the White House Correspondent for her excellent Presidential news covering.
- In 2018, she was honored with the ‘George Catlett Marshall Medal for sustained commitment to the men and women of America’s armed forces.