Mark Few is a well-known American college basketball Head coach and his squad is fully prepared for the showdown against UCLA tonight. Throughout his career, he committed to guiding and training the Gonzaga Bulldogs men’s basketball Team players for Tournaments.
Mark Few was born on 27th December 1962 in Creswell, Oregon, which makes him 60 years old as of 2023. Regarding family background, Mark has not disclosed his family member’s details, including his parent’s and siblings’ identities. Talking about Mark Few’s Education, he graduated from Creswell High School in 1981. He graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Science in physical education in 1987. He graduated from Gonzaga University with an M.A./Athletic Administration degree in 1993.
Mark began his career as an unpaid part-time assistant at his alma mater of Creswell High School in 1983 Later, he upgraded and moved to a paid position from 1986 to 1988. He served as Assistant Coach at Sheldon High School in Eugene from 1988-89. He worked as Graduate Assistant Coach at Gonzaga University from 1990-91. Mark got a promotion and worked as an Assistant Coach at Gonzaga University from 1992-1999. On 16th April 1999, he was named Associate Head Coach at Gonzaga University. On 26th July 1999, he was appointed as a Head Coach, at Gonzaga University for the Gonzaga Bulldogs men’s basketball Team (Unofficially known as Zags).
Awards and Achievements
- He was named the WCC (West Coast Conference Coach) of the Year for six consecutive seasons (2001 – 2006).
- He was named WCC Coach of the Year in 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2015.
- He was honored with the Henry Iba Award (2017). He was named the WCC (West Coast Conference Coach) of the Year for three consecutive seasons (2017 – 2019). In 2017, he was named National Association of Basketball Coach of the Year, Naismith Coach of the Year, and AP (Associated Press) Coach of the Year.
- After coaching the Gonzaga Bulldogs men’s basketball team to the national championship game, he was named the Naismith National Coach of the Year. Also, he was named WCC Coach of the Year and NABC National Coach of the Year in 2021.
He was the head coach of the United States national team at the 2015 Pan American Games, where he led the US to a bronze medal. In 2019, he was elected as the assistant coach of the national select team, a 13-player squad that helps in the training of the national team. At that, he trained the national team to qualify for the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
Mark Few Biography
|Real Name||Mark Norman Few|
|Birth Date||27 December 1962|
|Age (as of 2023)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Creswell, Oregon, United States|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 6” – in Centimeters – 168 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 73 kg – in Pounds – 160 lbs|
|Who is his wife?||Marcy Laca|
|Children||Four (Austin, James, Joseph James, Colton Walker & Julia Ann Elizabeth)|
Mark Few Wife
Mark is a happily married man. He wedded a lovely lady Marcy in 1994 in the presence of his father. Together the couple has three children. One daughter named Julia Ann Elizabeth (Born in 2006) and three sons named Austin James (Born in 2000), Joseph Dillon (Born in 2002), and Colt Walker Norman (Born in 2009).
Mark is a generous man and known for his philanthropy. Likewise, his wife, Marcy is a kind-hearted lady. In 2002, the couple initiated the Spokane region branch of Coaches vs Cancer. That time, the event became the largest fundraiser across the country and has raised over $1 million for the American Cancer Society. Later, he started a culture of charity services and giving at Gonzaga.
- In 2008, he was a recipient of the Nell and John Wooden Coaching Achievement Award by the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame.
- In 2014, he participated in launching the “Community Cancer Fund” which has supported cancer patients, and their families, and keeps more money in the local market while devoting more resources to the local non-profit organizations that serve them. In the last six years, the “Community Cancer Fund” has raised over $17 million bringing the total raised over 18 years between the organizations to well over $25 million.
- In 2020, Mark earned an honor when he was praised at the Dick Vitale Gala that benefits the Atlanta-based “The V Foundation for Cancer Research”.
Mark Few Net Worth
Mark Few has been serving the position of head coach at Gonzaga University since 1999. He has experience in Coaching and training players for more than 20 years. At Gonzaga University, he served in various positions as Associate Head Coach and Assistant Coach. We can assume that Mark Few has accumulated an estimated net worth of $10 Million.