The beautiful and intelligent woman MacKenzie Scott is an American novelist and a philanthropist. She is the third richest woman in the world and the 20th richest individual overall. She is famously known by the world as the wife of Jeff Bezos who is the founder of Amazon and Blue Origin.
Mac Kenzie Scott Tuttle popularly known as Mac Kenzie Scott was born on April 7, 1970, in San Francisco, California in the United States of America. She is the daughter of her father who is a financial planner and her mother who is a homemaker. Scott attended Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut from which she graduated in 1988. Later, in 1992, Scott graduated from the Princeton University, where she studied under the Nobel Laureate in Literature, Toni Morrison, and pursued her bachelor’s degree in English. Toni Morrison mentioned her as one of the best students he had ever had in his creative writing class.
MacKenzie Scott Career
After graduating from the university, Scott applied to work for D. E. Shaw, who is a quantitative hedge fund in New York, as a researcher associate so that she could pay the bills while working on her novel. There she was interviewed by Jeff Bezos who was Vice-President at the firm. In 2005, Scott debuted by writing her first novel “The Testing of Luther Albright,” for which she won the American Book Award in 2006. She mentioned that it took her ten years to write that book as she was helping Jeff Bezos build Amazon. The second novel was published in 2013 was titled Trap.
Scott was one of Amazon’s first employees that were heavily involved in the early days of the establishment of the company and working on the company’s name, business plan, accounts, and shipping early orders. She also negotiated the company’s first freight contract. She was less involved in the company after it succeeded as she was preferring to focus on children and her novel. Currently, Scott has not mentioned anything about her upcoming projects, but we can expect her to publish a new novel soon or might be working on it or her stocks. She might also be seen donating to the needy people who need help.
MacKenzie Scott Biography
|Real Name||MacKenzie Scott Tuttle|
|Birth Date||April 07, 1970|
|Birth Place||San Fransisco, California|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 7” – in Centimetres – 170 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 55 kg – in Pounds – 121 lbs|
|Bra (Breast) Size||34C|
|Waist Size||28 Inches|
|Hip Size||36 Inches|
|Shoe Size||5 (U.S.)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Is she a lesbian?||No|
|Who is his Husband?||Dan Jewett|
In 1993, Scott was married to Jeff Bezos, who is the founder of Amazon and Blue Origin. The couple met each other while working as his assistant at D. E. Shaw in 1992. They dated for three months in New York and married each other and moved to Seattle, Washington in 1994. The couple then separated their ways in 2019, after which she received 25% of Amazon’s stock making her the third wealthiest woman in the world. The couple has four children, three sons, and a daughter whom they adopted in China.
MacKenzie Scott Net Worth
Being on the list of the richest people in the world, and the ex-wife of the founder of Amazon, Mac Kenzie Scott earns an estimated net worth of $ 53.5 billion USD as of March 6, 2021. She was named as one of TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020. She is a signatory to the Giving Pledge, a commitment to donating half of her wealth to charity.
- Mac Kenzie Scott is an American novelist and a philanthropist.
- She is the third richest woman in the world and the 20th richest individual overall.
- Scott attended Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut
- Toni Morrison mentioned her as one of the best students he had ever had in his creative writing class.
- In 1993, Scott was married to Jeff Bezos, who is the founder of Amazon and Blue Origin.
- They have four children, three sons and a daughter whom they adopted in China.
- Scott then separated their ways in 2019, after which she received 25% of Amazon’s stock making her the third wealthiest woman in the world.
- In 2005, Scott debuted by writing her first novel “The Testing of Luther Albright,” for which she won the American Book Award in 2006.
- Scott was one of Amazon’s first employees.
- The latest controversy about Mac Kenzie Scott is that after divorcing Jeff Bezos, she is now married to Dan Jewett who is a science teacher at a private Lakeside School from Seattle.