In the world of tennis, Lloyd Harris is known as a skilled player with an extraordinary career record. He has won three ATP Challenger singles titles, two ATP Challenger doubles titles, 13 ITF Singles titles, and four ITF doubles titles, making him one of the finest players in South Africa.
Lloyd George Muirhead Harris is his full name. He was born on February 24, 1997, in Cape Town, South Africa. Sea Point, South Africa, is home to the Anthony Harris Tennis Academy where he studied tennis. His mother Cecelia and sister Monique introduced him to tennis at a young age. A tennis court was located just next to his family’s home, which made it easier for them to learn and perfect the game of Tennis.
His first ITF Junior singles championship came in November 2012 at the G5 in Namibia. In August 2014, he competed for South Africa at the Youth Olympic Games but was eliminated in the second round. When it came to the world junior rankings for the International Tennis Federation, he reached a career-high combined ranking of 38. As a junior, he had a 73-44 singles win-loss record.
Lloyd Harris Career
When he made his professional career debut in 2015, his major focus was the ITF Futures Tour. After winning Mozambique F2 in June 2015, he went on to win Mozambique F3 in July 2015. A five-time finalist on the ITF Future Tour’s singles tour, he won four of them. During 2016, he won six out of eight ITF Futures Tour finals. For his first challenger tour semi-finals, he played in Japan in 2017 on the ATP Challenger Tour (ATP Challenger Tour).
At Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei, he reached the semi-final round of the challenger competition before reaching the quarter-finals in Vancouver (Canada). Meanwhile, earlier this month in Antalya, Turkey, he qualified for his first ATP World Tour event, where he lost in the first round against world number 61, Janko Tipsarevic. His first ATP Masters 1000 experience came in August. ITF Futures Tour finalist Harris reached four of the tournament’s finals in 2018. Also in China and Uzbekistan, he reached the ATP Challenger quarter-finals. ATO Challenger in Lexington and the Nordic Naturals Challenger Final in Aptos, California, U.S.A.
As a senior male, Harris qualified for his first Grand Slam main draw after defeating JC Aragone in the third qualifying round of the US Open. He will now compete in the US Open. Also in the qualifying draw, he beat Roberto Quiroz in the first round and Sebastian Ofner of Austria in the second round but fell in the first round of the main draw against world number 40 Gilles Simon. In the first round of the Chengdu Open, he beat Gael Monfils. The victory over a top-40 player was his first victory. When he defeated Marc Polmans at Stockton Challenger in California on October 7, he won his second ATP Challenger title of the year and was chosen an alternate for the Next Gen ATP Finals in Milan, Italy.
For example, in January of this year, on ATP Challenger Tour he made it as far as the quarter-finals at City of Playford Tennis International. While competing in the Australian Open, he overcame Dustin Brown in the third qualifying round to earn a spot in the men’s singles main event for the second time. The victory at the Launceston tennis international in February propelled Harris to the 100th slot in the ATP Rankings, where he now stands. In his career history, he reached the top 100 at that moment for the first time. While at Wimbledon in July, Harris won the first set against Roger Federer before losing in four sets. In September, he made his first-ever ATP 250 semi-final, and he went on to win the Chengdu Open in China.
Lloyd Harris Biography
|Lloyd George Muirhead Harris
|24 February 1997
|Age (as of 2021)
|Cape Town, South Africa
|in feet inches – 6’ 4” – in Centimeters – 193 cm
|in Kilograms – 80 kg – in Pounds – 176 lbs
Biance Van Zyl, 21, is said to be in a relationship with Lloyd who is also a tennis player as well. In addition to being a tennis player, the blonde from Cape Town is in the early stages of her professional career.
Lloyd Harris Net Worth
Lloyd Harris is estimated to make $214,732 in 2020, despite the fact that his net worth is currently under evaluation. As of now, he has won $939,610 in cash and prize money. He recently amazed the world by reaching the quarterfinals in the US Open 2021 so it sure that, he would get brand endorsements and sponsorships from leading sports brands in the future for sure.
- His first world cup appearance came at the age of ten when he represented Croatia in the tournament.
- A first-time representative of South Africa at the Youth Olympics, he played in all four junior Grand Slam events.
- Aside from tennis, he adores football and cheers for Tottenham hotspur.
- Enjoys spending time with his wife, children, and other relatives.
- The actress Mila Kunis is one of his favorites, while Post Malone is one of his favorite musicians. His favorite superhero is Iron Man, and his favorite TV show is Breaking Bad.
- Harris is a huge fan of Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka.
- After beating Rafael Nadal in 2020, the former world champion had some nice things to say about the young South African tennis star. Harris, according to the older player, was a fantastic person with a lot of character.
- Adams has been a personal trainer and group training coach for 13 years, with a South African accent to boot! Since January 2020, the tennis player’s career-high ranking has been 72. Sportsmanship is a priority for him both on and off the field.
- His nickname is King, and his greatest fantasy job is lounging on a beach, which is why he is a tennis star.