Jharrel Jerome is a young and handsome American actor who is well known for his appearance in the drama Moonlight which was released in 2016, for which he has won awards like Academy Award for Best Picture and also for appearing in the 2019 Netflix series When They See Us.
Jharrel Jerome was born in Bronx, New York, the USA on 9th October 1997. He is the son of his mother named Radoyka Jerome but his father’s name was never disclosed. Jharrel also has a sister named Ciara Jones although we don’t know if he has any brother or not. He lost his grandfather who suffered from cancer. Jerome is quite close to his family and describes it as a loving family. As Jerome hails from the Bronx, he attended Fiorello H. La Guardia High School of Musica And Arts and Performing Arts and graduated from it. After that, he received his higher education from the New York-based Ithica college.
Jharrel Jerome Career
Jerome received his first acting role in 2016, while he was still in college. He made his acting debut in the 2016 film Moonlight where he played the role of Kevin. In 2017, Jerome appeared in the audience series of Mr. Mercedes. He then auditioned for the role of Korey Wise for the Netflix series When They See Us which was released in 2019 which was based on the Central Park jogger case.
On September 23, 2020, Jerome released “For Real” ft. Kemba was produced by songwriting and was marked as his first single as a hip-hop artist. Recently, he was seen in a new Netflix Series Concrete Cowboy which was released on April 2, 2021, for which he received worldwide recognition.
Jharrel Jerome Biography
|October 9, 1997
|The Bronk, New York, USA
|in feet inches – 5’ 9” – in Centimetres – 175 cm
|in Kilograms – 78 kg – in Pounds – 141 lbs
|Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
|Is he Gay?
|Who is his Girlfriend?
|Nigella Accorsi (Ex-Girlfriend)
As of 2021, Jharrel Jerome is currently single. He has been focusing on his career after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend Nigella Accorsi. The couple started dating in 2019 and were in a happy relationship at a point where they were considered inseparable. But later, both deleted the pictures with each other after they stopped dating.
Jharrel Jerome Net Worth
Jerome is a hard-working and passionate actor who is really dedicated to his work. As he has played many roles in television series and was also seen in many movies, he has an estimated net worth of $ 10 million USD. Jerome might have a huge rise in his net worth after the release of his new Netflix series.
- Jerome is not just an actor, but also a rapper and a musician.
- He was inspired to become an actor by his mother when he was in eighth grade.
- Jerome holds American citizenship and is of Afro- Dominican ethnicity.
- In an interview with Los Angeles Times, Director Barry Jenkins mentioned that Jerome was over rehearsing and he was amazing.
- Jerome in an interview mentioned that Wise is his brother now and he looks up to his courage and gets motivated and he is the one who taught him how to be strong.
- He has won awards like MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss for Moonlight, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie, and many more.