A British political strategist, Dominic Cummings is known for being one of the strongest and powerful personalities in Britain. He works for the British Prime Minister Boris Johnson as a chief advisor from 24th July 2019 till November 2020. He is a well-known politician and works for the welfare of the country.
Dominic McKenzie Cummings was born on 25th November 1971 in Durham, County Durham, England. He was a son to father Robert, who is primarily working as an oil rig project manager for Laing, and her mother, Morag, who was a teacher and behavioral specialist. Sir John Laws, a former Lord Justice of Appeal, was his uncle. Dominic studied at a state primary school and later privately attended Durham School. He went to Exeter College, Oxford, and got graduated while majoring in Ancient and modern history in 1994. He appeared to be well educated and qualified.
Dominic Cummings Career
Before initiating his career professionally as a politician, he served at a nightclub, which was owned by his uncle called Klute. After graduating, he worked for a group that was setting up an airline connecting Samara to Vienna which was declared to be ‘spectacularly Unsuccessful’ by George Parker. After initiating his career as a politician, he joined the conservative party and became the director of the strategy for the conservative party in 2002. Cummings served as a director of Vote Leave from 2015 to 2016. It is an organization that successfully executed the 2016 referendum campaign for Britain’s exit from the European Union.
In 2019, he temporarily resigned when parliament dissolved for the 2019 general elections. After leaving Downing Street, he expressed criticism to the government’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and to Johnson’s leadership. In May 2020, he was accused by two leaders of the opposition party after it was reported that, during the period of lockdown, he traveled to his parent’s farm. He gave certain reasons for his journey at a press conference.
Dominic Cummings Biography
|Real Name||Dominic Mckenzie Cummings|
|Birth Date||November 25, 1971|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Birth Place||Durham, County Durham, England|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 8” – in Centimeters – 173 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 64 kg – in Pounds – 141 lbs|
|Who is his Wife?||Mary Wakefield|
|Children||One (Alexander Cedd)|
Cummings took vows with Mary Wakefield in December 2011. She worked at the weekly magazine The Spectator for decades. The couple was blessed with a baby boy in 2016 and they named him Alexander Cedd. There is not much information regarding their dating history as the couple appears to keep their personal life secret.
Dominic Cummings Net Worth
Serving as a politician over decades, he has been able to gather a huge amount out of his profession. His estimated net worth is $5 million and as an advisor to the prime minister, his annual salary is approximately $95,000 to $99,000. He amassed his wealth from his successful profession being a great politician and is expecting to increase his net worth in forthcoming years.
- He served as a campaign director at Business for Sterling, the campaign against the UK joining the Euro.
- He is well known for being a special advisor to education secretary Michael Gove, from 2010 to 2014, from 2019 to 2020, being a chief advisor to prime minister Boris Johnson.
- Cummings was portrayed in the 2019 Channel 4 drama Brexit: The Uncivil War by Benedict Cumberbatch.
- He is registered as a director of the non-trading company Klute Ltd and also owns another company named North Wood, a company that helps to solve problems related to management, politics, and communications.
- He had worked for the New Schools Network charity that advises free schools. As he believes in charity, he served as a volunteer from June 2009 and as a paid freelancer from July to December 2010.