Allen Greene, also known as Claude Allen Greene IV, is the 45 years old athletic director for Auburn University, in Auburn, Alabama. He is one of the most famous baseball players, known for his ninth-round draft pick of the New York Yankees in the 1998 Major League Baseball draft. He has made his name in providing guidance and direction and doing all the preparations for any sports event at universities.
Allen Greene was born on April 10, 1977, in Seattle, Washington to an African-American couple. He grew up in Bellevue, Washington. He belongs to American Nationality. Besides, there is no information available about his family at the moment. Allen did his primary schooling at a local school and later went to O’Dea High school in Seattle. His interest in baseball and basketball grew in high school. He attended the University of Notre Dame to acquire a degree in Finance. During these years, he also represented his university on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish Baseball team. He then graduated with his Master’s degree in liberal studies from the famous public university, Indiana University.
Allen Greene Career
Allen’s career started when he became the ninth-round draft pick of the New York Yankees in the 1998 Major League Basketball Draft, and also played in the minor leagues for the Yankees – Oneonta Yankees in 1998, Greensboro Bats in 1999, Tampa Yankees in 2000, and Elmira Pioneers in 2001. Other than his baseball career, Allen was a property manager and product manager at the Common Ground Realty in Philadelphia. This career did not last long and he soon entered into athletic administration.
His athletic administration career achievements are –
- He worked as an athletics fundraiser for Notre Dame for two years.
- From 2009-2012, He was the Assistant Athletic Director at Ole Miss Rebels, the teams funded by and represented by the University of Mississippi, located in Oxford.
- The Buffalo Bulls, the intercollegiate teams that represent the University at Buffalo in Buffalo, New York, appointed him as the Deputy Athletic Director from 2012-2015.
- From 2015-2018, He was the Athletic Director at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- In January 2018, Auburn officially hired Allen as their new athletics director. It is his fourth year at Auburn.
Auburn considers Allen’s ‘caring more about others’ success than his own is the reason behind their success. Auburn has had 35 programs finish ranked in the top 25 nationally, including 12 programs in the top 10. His team has been ranked top 25 nationally for its programs under Allen’s guidance. Since his arrival, they have won national championships in golf programs. He is also a leader in social justice issues. He even has working experience in the Southeastern Conference, where he led several key business development and fundraising functions while he was at the University of Mississippi.
Allen Greene is not very active on social media and keeps his life private. However, he frequently puts his views and news on his Twitter account, which has around 39.5k followers and has been on Twitter since March 2011.
Allen Greene Biography
|Real Name||Claude Allen Greene IV|
|Birth Date||10 April 1977|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|College||Florida Institute of Technology|
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 1” – in Centimeters – 185 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 86 kg – in Pounds – 190 lbs|
|Who is his wife?||Christy Greene|
It is said that Allen met his then-girlfriend, Christy at the university where they studied together. After dating each other for some time, they tied the knots. As of now, they have two daughters – Rian and Seneca, and one son – Samuel. The family is living a happy married life and both of them do not post their personal life on public platforms.
Allen Greene Net Worth
Allen Greene is considered to be one of the richest baseball athletes in the world. He gained the limelight with his extremely great career performance. According to sources, Allen’s net worth is approximately $1.5 million, which amounts to around 12 crores INR. He has a pretty lavish lifestyle and earns a good amount being a basketball athlete.
- He helped the State University of New York to sign apparel deals with Nike.
- He is the 15th Athletics Director that the university has hired.
- An article mentions that It was because of Allen that helped University at Buffalo in staying the course as they promoted him to Athletic Director in 2015.
- His personality traits are dynamic and energetic.