Steve Howey is a well-known American film and television actor. His most notable roles were Van Montgomery on the WB/CW television series Reba and Kevin Ball on the Showtime series Shameless. In addition to Supercross and DOA: Dead or Alive, Howey has roles in Bride Wars, Game Over, Man!, and Borrowed.
Steve Howey was born in San Antonio, Texas, on July 12, 1977, in the United States. The 43-year-old actor is also known by the name Steven Michael Robert Howey. His father is Bill Howey, and his mother is Carla Novinger.
Throughout his life, the actor and philanthropist had an extremely active profession. He graduated from Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado after completing his education at Colorado High School.
He graduated from Crescenta Valley High School in La Crescenta-Montrose and went on to play basketball for two years at Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado. Later, when he was enrolled in his father’s acting class, he made the decision to pursue acting.
Steve Howey Career
In a drama series created by Reba in 2001, Steve made his acting debut as the lead character Van Montgomery. He served as a main character on the show up until 2007, when it was canceled. One of Steve Howey’s greatest accomplishments is his ongoing part on the popular TV program Reba.
He portrayed Van Montgomery for six seasons, garnering praise from critics and fans alike for his portrayal. Howey has also received plaudits for his performance as Kevin Ball in the television series Shameless. Along with Joanna Garcia, Steve also had an appearance in the Every Other Weekend song video by Reba McEntire.
In the exhilarating film Supercross from 2005, Steve co-starred as MX racer K.C. Carlyle. Steve Howey, Eric Roberts, and Jaime Pressly all had lead roles in the movie DOA: Dead or Alive the year after. Later, in 2009, Steve co-starred in the television series Bride Wars with Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway.
He played the title role in the film Stan Helsing that same year. Additionally, he appeared in the web drama series CTRL as Ben Piller. The cast of the Showtime comedy series Shameless featured Steve Howey as Kevin Ball in the summer of 2010.
In 2013, Steve appeared as Jax, an exceptional football player, in the Fox Entertainment series TinFinity, alongside Zooey Deschanel. He appeared as Andy “The Monster” McPherson in the episode “Intent” of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2017.
- Although Steve has been nominated for a number of awards throughout the years, he has not won any significant acting accolades.
- He was nominated for a Young Artist Award for his work on Reba in 2003.
- Along with the rest of the Shameless cast, he was also a nominee for a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2012.
Steve Howey Biography
|Real Name||Steven Michael Robert Howey|
|Birth Date||July 12, 1977|
|Age (as of 2023)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|College||Northeastern Junior College|
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 3” – in Centimeters – 191 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 95 kg – in Pounds – 209 lbs|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Who is his wife?||Sarah Shahi (m. 2009–2021)|
|Children||Three (William Wolf, Violet Moon & Knox Blue Howey)|
Sarah Shahi, a former NFL cheerleader and Iranian-American actress, and Steve were married. The ex-couple got engaged in June 2007 after having a relationship for a while. The couple married at a beautiful wedding ceremony in Las Vegas on February 7th, two years later. Sarah gave birth to their first child, a boy named William Wolf Howey, in July of the same year they married.
Violet Moon Howey and Knox Blue Howey, their twins, were born in March 2015. Later, The parents of three children divorced in May 2020. Unresolvable differences were cited as the basis of the separation despite the fact that the cause has not yet been made public.
Steve Howey Net Worth
Steve Howey has achieved great fame and success and his net worth is estimated to be around $2 million. With extensive filmography encompassing various films and television shows, Howey’s talent and adaptability have played a significant role in his financial prosperity.
Furthermore, his consistent presence in a long-running series suggests a steady income stream. It’s important to note that net worth can fluctuate over time due to factors such as investments, endorsements, and new ventures.
- He spent his early life living on boats with his family until they eventually moved to Los Angeles.
- Went to junior college on a basketball scholarship but dropped out after his second year to pursue a career in acting.
- His father, an acting coach, assisted him in landing a few modest television roles before he was offered his first starring part on the TV program Reba in 2001.
- In 1994 and 1995, Steve appeared as a guest on many television shows, including The Drew Carey Show and ER.
- Steve also produced and appeared in the 1998 film Class, which his father wrote and directed. This incredible film was recognized at the International Denver Film Festival.
- When Steve Howey turned 40 in 2017, his then-wife Sarah Shahi threw him a surprise party on a yacht with his fellow cast members from Shameless (2011) in attendance.