Matt Taibbi is a famous American author and journalist whose birth name was Matthew Colin Taibbi. He was honored and awarded the National Magazine Award in 2008 for the “Columns and Commentary” category for his Rolling Stone columns. He also won a Sidney Award and was praised for his political article “The Great American Bubble Machine.”
Matt Taibbi was born on 2nd March 1970 in New Jersey, United States, which makes him 53 years old as of 2023. His father, Mike Taibbi, served as an NBC television reporter. He spent his childhood in the Boston suburbs. His parents separated when he was young, and his mother largely raised him. Talking about Matt’s education, he graduated from Concord Academy. He spent a year at Kalinin Polytechnic Institute. Later, he graduated from Bard College in 1992.
Matt Taibbi Career
Matt started his professional career as a writer. As a freelancer, he wrote a regular political column for over two years for The Nation, Playboy, New York Press, and New York Sports Express. As a sports journalist, he worked for the English-language newspaper The Moscow Times. In 2002, he returned to the United States and founded “The Beast” newspaper with Kevin McElwee and Paul Fallon. He co-authors the book “The eXile: Sex, Drugs, and Libel in the New Russia.” Also, Matt is the author of several books
- Spanking the Donkey: On the Campaign Trail with the Democrats, Published by The New Press in 2005.
- Spanking the Donkey: Dispatches from the Dumb Season (22nd August 2006), Published by Three Rivers Press.
- He published the book “Smells Like Dead Elephants” in 2007.
- The Great Derangement: A Terrifying True Story of War, published by Spiegel & Grau on 6th May 2008.
- His book Griftopia was published in 2010.
- In April 2014, he published the book “The Divide: American Injustice in the Age of the Wealth Gap.”
- I Can’t Breathe: A Killing on Bay Street, Published on 24th October 2017.
- On 17th January 2017, he published the book “Insane Clown President regarding Donald Trump and the 2016 United States presidential election.
- Hate Inc. (8th October 2019), Published by OR Books.
In 2021, he worked with author Reggie Harris on the book “The Business Secrets of Drug Dealing.” He wrote a column, “The Sports Blotter,” for the free weekly newspaper, The Boston Phoenix. There, he covered legal troubles involving professional and amateur athletes. On 22nd November 2022, he won the Munk Debates, which had the resolution “Be it resolved, don’t trust Mainstream Media.”
Matt Taibbi works as a political podcast. He began Useful Idiots, a political podcast, co-hosted with Katie Halper that was released through Rolling Stone in August 2019. Later, it was released through Substack.
He is active on social media platforms. As of 5th March 2023, he has 1.8m followers on his @mtaibbi Twitter account and 20.5k fan followers on his Instagram account.
Matt Taibbi Biography
|Real Name||Matthew Colin Taibbi|
|Birth Date||2 March 1970|
|Age (as of 2023)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|College||Bard College, Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University|
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 0” – in Centimeters – 182 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 88 kg – in Pounds – 194 lbs|
|Who is his wife?||Jeanne Taibbi|
Matt Taibbi is a happily married man. He wedded to lovely lady Jeanne, a family physician. Matt has never mentioned his wife, Jeanne Taibbi, in interviews or events, but both seem to enjoy their married life. The couple is blessed with three children named Max, Nate, and Zekey.
Matt Taibbi Net Worth
Matt Taibbi is a prominent American author and a former contributing editor for Rolling Stone. Throughout his career, he committed to writing and reporting on financial affairs, media, politics, and sports. We can assume that Matt has an estimated net worth of $2 Million.
- Matt moved to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, in the ’90s, where he hosted a radio show and played professional basketball. He, also known as “The Mongolian Rodman,” was paid $100/month to play in the Mongolian Basketball Association (MBA).
- Previously, he played the left fielder position for the Uzbek national baseball team.
- Matt is a pet-loving person. He has a dog named coco.
- Taibbi has an interest in Gardening and grocery shopping.
- He always spent his free time having fun with his three juniors, Max, Nate, and Zekey.