Madeleine McCann was a 3-year-old girl, who got disappeared on the evening of 3rd May 2007. Her case is considered as ‘The most heavily reported missing-person case in modern history. She hasn’t been seen since then. In 2020, German prosecutors stated that they assume that she is dead now.
Madeleine McCann Early Life
Madeleine Beth McCann was born on 12th May 2003 in Leicester, England, the UK to parents Gerry McCann and Kate McCann, who are physicians and practicing Roman Catholics. She was happily living her life before her disappearance. She had a twin sibling younger than her. When she got disappeared, she was just a 3-year-old kid so, we assume that she might be taking her primary education from a local hometown school.
The horrible and unbelievable incident took place when Madeleine was on holiday with her parents, her two-year-old twin sibling, and a group of family friends and their children. They both went to sleep on the ground floor while the McCanns and friends were having dinner in a restaurant 55m away from the apartment. They checked on the children throughout the evening until they found that Madeleine was missing.
Over the following weeks, it was misinterpreted by a British DNA analysis, the Portuguese police who claimed that she died in an accident in the apartment and her parents had covered it up. After that, her parents continued investigation through private detectives until Scotland Yard opened his own inquiry, which was called ‘Operation Grange’ in 2013 and was scaled back in 2015. However, the detectives continue to pursue small inquires in April 2017. The McCanns faced intense scrutiny and baseless allegations of involvement in the daughter’s death.
Madeleine McCann Biography
|Real Name||Madeleine Beth McCann|
|Birth Date||May 12, 2003|
|Age (at the time of disappearance)||3 Years|
|Birth Place||Leicester, England|
|In the limelight||Missing for 14 years|
|Height||in feet inches – 2’ 11′ – in Centimeters – 90 cm|
The little girl didn’t have access to any social media platform as she was still underage. After her disappearance, many tweets on social media went viral. There are numerous fund pages by her name on social media. Moreover, Eilis O’Hanlon stated that “could almost stand as a metaphor for the rise of social media as the predominant mode of public discourse”. One year later, when she went missing, Twitter became the source of much of the vitriol. After 10 years, the #Mccann went viral and was able to produce over 100 tweets an hour. Through social media they got the threats to kidnap one of the McCanns twins. After that, a man who ran the anti-McCann website received a 3-year suspension sentence in 2013 for leafleting their village with his allegations.
Madeleine McCann Net Worth
She was in the initial stage of her life and would have begun her career and would be earning out of it if the horrible incident won’t happen. Till she missing it, she was growing on her parents’ money and didn’t have any source of income of her own.
- Madeleine’s parents’ sett-up fundraising for her called ‘Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd’ on 15th May 2007, after 12 days of her disappearance.
- Over 80 million people visited the fund’s website in 3 months which also includes various newspapers and social media influencers.
- Brian Kennedy of Everest Windows gave his full support to her parents financially and Kennedy’s lawyer joined the fund’s board of directors.
- The McCanns and Tapas Seven took action against various newspapers including The Daily Express, Daily Star, and their sister Sunday Papers, owned by Northern & Shell. Later they published a front-page apology in 2008 and donated 550,000 Euro to Madeleine’s Funds.
- A Netflix documentary was released on 15th March 2019 called ‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCanns’ which contains 8 parts based on the incident. Earlier in 2014, Robbyn Swan released a book named ‘Looking for Madeleine’.