Ian Pannell is working as Senior Foreign Correspondent at ABC News. His work is associated with the covering of top news at ABC network while working for the position of Senior television and radio correspondent reporting around the world. Previous to this position, he has remained BBC International Correspondent.
Ian Pannell was brought up in London. It is for sure that he must have attained his primary and secondary education from recognized schools and universities in London. Though his exact date of birth or year is not known, he is surely living in his early 50s.
Ian Pannell Career
Ian Pannell began his professional career in 1991 while working for BBC Radio at the position of a reporter. At that time, he was based in the UK and worked while covering the UK and foreign news for BBC Radio. Earlier, he joined the new BBC network, 5 Live, and later moved to London from where he was transferred to Radio 1 Newsbeat and eventually to BBC Radio 4’s World at One, PM, and World This Weekend. He gave his 11 years of life to BBC Radio after which he joined BBC News Network. He gave his 15 years of life to the network while working for the positions like International Correspondent (2014-June 2017), Foreign Correspondent (2011-2014), South Asia Correspondent (2008-2011), Middle East Correspondent (2005-2011), and Washington Correspondent (2002-2005).
While being at the different positions with the BBC network, he has worked on morning news coverage, reporting from around the region particular focus on Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq, reporting on the battle against the Taliban, Reporting on major news stories around the world and reporting around the world for various topics and coverage for BBC Radio, BBC News, and BBC Digital Network. Throughout his work with BBC, he has covered astonishing news reporting on various compelling stories. In June 2017, he became the Senior Foreign Correspondent at ABC News. His recent position is based in London, United Kingdom. For four years and eight months, he has been maintaining his position with ABC Network.
Ian Pannell Biography
|Real Name||Ian Pannell|
|Age (as of 2022)||45-50 Years|
|Birth Place||London, U.K.|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 9” – in Centimeters – 175 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 72 kg – in Pounds – 158 lbs|
|Shoe Size||10 (U.S.)|
|Who is his wife?||Lou Pannell|
|Children||Three (Jack, Charlie & Alfie Pannell|
Ian Pannell married a gorgeous and loving lady named Lou Pannell. His wife used to be his long-time girlfriend and fiance before getting connected in the wedding vows. They both are the proud parents of three adult sons named Jack Pannell, Charlie Pannell, and Alfie Pannell. They live as a happy family. The family members are close to each other and are often spotted together while posing for pictures on Instagram. Their first-born son Jack holds a first-class B.A. degree in honors from the University of Warwick. He also has a girlfriend named Nia Ognyanova along with whom he has posted a few memorable moments on social media.
Ian Pannell Net worth
Ian Pannell has been working as a foreign correspondent. He has around 10 years of experience while working with BBC Radio network and 15 years of experience with BBC News network. He has a long-year relationship with journalism. Currently, he is serving his tenure with the ABC network. No doubt, he has accomplished a lot because of his determined, eminent, and astonishing journalism career. His net worth is somewhere around $1.2 million. He earns an average annual salary of around $172,000.
- His reporting has made him earn various awards. He was honored with an International Emmy for his contribution in covering the conflict between Hezbollah and Israel.
- Besides this, he was also honored with the Royal Television Society Award and an International Press Award.
- Additionally, he has also been honored with two Emmys and two Peabody awards for his excellence in reporting.
- He also holds many other awards for honest, authentic storytelling and honorable reporting.
- Ian began his career with BBC radio and with step-by-step progress, he turned into a news correspondent at BBC News and later at International Correspondent with the network.
- He has also tried his hands in writing or publishing books. To name a few, his publications included Soldiers Life and Secret Service (1989), Shoot Pool (1989), and Meek Strength (2020).
- Ian has got more than 3K followers on his Instagram profile. He has achieved quite a reputable career in the field of journalism.
- He often describes the modern world in his tweets using funny memes and jokes.