Hannah Wilson is one of the most liked contestants on the Jeopardy stage and recently created a lot of buzz on social media. She won the hearts of viewers on the first day itself and gained a drastic fan following on social media. She participated for the first time on the show on 3rd May 2023. Kevin Belle, the three-day winner failed to retain the returning champion title as Hannah managed to emerge as the winner at the end of the game.
The next day along with Hannah, there were two other featured contestants, Warren Grace, and Marie Claude Dussault. The three players stood against each other and had a tremendous hard competition where Hannah took first place and answered almost every clue correctly. Living to the expectations of viewers, Hannah is an eight-day champion who won $229,801 at the moment and is looking hungry to grab as many victories as she can.
Hannah Wilson was born in the 1990s and probably living in her 30s. She attended the University of Chicago, receiving a degree in Geography. She graduated with honors and received a 3.71 GPA in her four-year graduation course. Hannah is a trans female and publicly announces herself as part of the queer community. She is based in Greater Chicago Area and continued her education and professional life there.
Hannah Wilson Career
Hannah began her professional life after being designated as Student Program Teacher for an institution of secondary and tertiary higher learning, Academic Approach. There, she worked from January 2018 to April 2018 and was responsible for delivering the curricula at Chicago high schools for various subjects like SAT/ACT math, science, and English. From February 2010 to March 2019, she worked as the Senior Research Analyst for NORC at the University of Chicago.
Since April 2019, she has also been working as a data scientist for Metis, where she completed a twelve-week intensive data science boot camp and was responsible for presenting four individual projects. She worked for Strata Decision Technology as Data Scientist (August 2019 to June 2022) and was then promoted to Senior Data Scientist (full-time; since March 2022).
Hannah’s journey on Jeopardy is filled with lots of excitement as well as some controversy as well. Always from childhood, she wanted to compete in the Jeopardy but she was kind of hesitant about being a trans woman. At first, Hannah didn’t want to participate but when Amy emerged as one of the show’s most successful personalities that to being a trans, she decided to try out her luck and made up her mind to take part in the show.
Hannah appeared on the stage of Jeopardy for the first time on the 3rd May 2023 episode. She defeated the previous champ before her, Kevin Belle, and became the first-day winner with a total of $25,800 amount. Then she won back-to-back 8 games during the first week as well as the second week of May 2023 and currently gathered $229,801 from consecutive eight wins.
With this feat, she finally made her way into the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions and if she continues her winning streak then she might enter into Jeopardy Masters after the regular season ends.
At present, Hannah is on an 8-day winning streak by making $229,801 so far in the competition. She will take the Jeopardy stage yet again on Tonight’s episode to defend her title of champion on 15th May 2023. Below is the summary of Hannah Wilson’s Jeopardy day-by-day winning on the show.
- Game 1 – $22,800 + $3,000 = $25,800 (What is KFC?) (1-day total: $25,800)
- Game 2 – $35,200 + $10,000 = $45,200 (What is the Bering Strait?) (2-day total: $71,000)
- Game 3 – $13,900 + $5,701 = $19,601 (What is the Chicago Cubs?) (3-day total: $90,601)
- Game 4 – $21,200 + $13,000 = $34,200 (What is A Thousand Splendid Suns?) (4-day total: $124,801)
- Game 5 – $26,000 – $3,000 = $23,000 (Who is Leigh?) (5-day total: $147,801)
- Game 6 – $23,000 – $7,000 = $16,000 (What is) (6-day total: $163,801)
- Game 7 – $23,000 + $3,000 = $26,000 (Who is Benedict Arnold?) (7-day total: $189,801)
- Game 8 – $29,000 + $11,000 = $40,000 (What are tattoos?) (8-day total: $229,801)
Hannah Wilson Biography
|Real Name||Hannah Wilson|
|Age (as of 2023)||30s|
|Residence||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|College||University of Chicago|
|Who is her wife?||–|
Hannah mentioned in the first appearance of her wife although, we don’t know what her name is or her whereabouts at this moment. She is a trans woman and openly discussed her sexuality in front of everyone. Amy Schneider greeted her and congratulate Hannah for becoming the champion on the Jeopardy stage. Amy tweeted,
“Huge congratulations to Hannah Wilson!!! Welcome to the Guild of Jeopardy Champion Trans Women, one of us will be in contact shortly to explain the secret handshake and so forth.”
Hannah is available on LinkedIn with the handle name – Hannah Wilson (She/Her), who describes herself as Strata’s senior data scientist. She is unavailable on other social media profiles like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. We doubt she is available with any private account on each social media profile.
Hannah Wilson Net Worth
Hannah Wilson is indeed earning well because of her decade-long career in academics and data science. Whatever she earns comes from her career at this moment but, she is continuously adding winning amounts on the show Jeopardy as well. She has won $189,901 in a total of 7 games so far from the prestigious stage and looks rock solid for further rounds.
- Hannah spares her time for learning and playing piano, writing and studying the knowledgeable aspects of the sun, stars, and moon- the astronomical study.
- Wilson finished overall 18th place at American Crossword Puzzle Tournament.
- She reached the 2nd spot in the Midwest Crossword Puzzle Tournament but couldn’t win the title.
- Viewers think that Hannah has the potential to break the record for the highest earning in Jeopardy history set by Ken Jennings.
- Hannah prepared for Jeopardy on her office chair practicing with pen and paper.
- Basically, she grew up watching the show because she said she would take every dinner watching Jeopardy.
- Hannah gives credit to the books she read for acquiring knowledge and winning the quiz shows.
- She tried participating in Jeopardy a total of three times and she finally made it to the stage on her third attempt.
- Even during her college, she wanted to participate in a college tournament but unfortunately, she couldn’t make her way in.
7 thoughts on “Hannah Wilson Biography”
Does she want to be a woman or look like a woman?
Do you really want to know our are you just hating because she’s so cute? You must know your question is rude and uncalled for
I heard HIM say he had a wife on the first show! So HES just making a name for himself in the latest fad! 🤮
What a wonderful thing for Jeopardy to have such a safe space for transgender people. In a world so filled with hate for those who are different, it’s good there is a show where everyone is welcomed. Well done, Hannah. Kudos to Jeopardy!
Why do you refer to those of us as hateful who don’t acknowledge transgenders? It’s no different than saying we don’t acknowledge unicorns. I don’t hate unicorns and I don’t hate Hannah or Amy. I just acknowledge that they’re screwed up in the head.
I have a transgender woman for a daughter and am amazed how much better her life is. But I also have a born female child who wants to be male…which I find ridiculous.