Brett Gardner is one of the most well-known and popular personalities on social media on the Internet these days. He is also well-known as an American professional baseball outfielder with the New York Yankees in Major League Baseball (MLB). He also made his MLB debut with the Yankees in 2008 and was a member of the club that won the World Series in 2009, defeating the Philadelphia Phillies. In 2015, he was chosen an All-Star, and in 2016, he won a Gold Glove Award. Gardner has been a New York Yankee for the longest time.
Gardner was born on August 24, 1983, as Brett Michael Gardner. He was born in the lovely town of Holly Hill, South Carolina, USA. He is of Caucasian ethnicity and maintains an American nationality. Jerry Gardner and Faye Gardner welcomed Brett Michael Gardner into the world. Glen, his younger brother, is his only sibling. His father was also a Phillies baseball player. Jerry Gardner, who played minor league baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies, owns a 2,600-acre (1,100 ha) farm in Holly Hill.
Jerry and his mother, Faye, reared Brett and his older brother, Glen, on the farm. Gardner attended Holly Hill Academy in Holly Hill, South Carolina, and was a member of the baseball team there. In 2001, he enrolled at the College of Charleston. For his college, he was a three-year starter. He took a walk-on audition for the College of Charleston Cougars in 2001 despite not being able to acquire an athletic scholarship.
Brett Gardner Career
Gardner was selected 109th overall in the third round of the 2005 Major League Baseball draught by the New York Yankees after his senior year. In addition, he received a $210,000 signing bonus. Gardner got called up to the major leagues on June 30 after three seasons in the lower leagues. Gardner debuted in Major League Baseball with the New York Yankees in 2008 and was a member of the squad that won the World Series in 2009, defeating the Philadelphia Phillies. In 2015, he was named an All-Star, and in 2016, he received the Gold Globe Award. Gardner is the Yankees’ longest-tenured player, having joined the organization in 2008.
He is also the only member on the roster who played in the 2009 World Series. He was a member of the Yankees’ World Series-winning club in 2009. Gardner signed a four-year, $52 million contract with the Yankees on February 23, 2014. Brett was a possibility for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game All-Star Final, but his contract was later canceled. Gardner had his best season in 2016, winning the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture. On June 1, 2017, he reached 1,000 hits in his career against Marco Estrada of the Toronto Blue Jays.
Gardner’s $12.5 million option for 2019 was declined by the Yankees on October 31, 2018, and he was instead signed to a 1-year agreement with a $7.5 million salary for the 2019 season. Brett became a free agent after the 2019 season. Gardner was re-signed by the Yankees to a one-year deal with a 2021 option. Gardner, who played 49 games in the shorter 2020 season as a fourth outfielder, hit.223 with five home runs and 15 RBIs.
Brett became a free agent on October 29, 2020, after the Yankees declined his $10 million option for 2021. Gardner signed a one-year, $4 million contract with the New York Yankees on February 23, 2021, which includes a 2022 option. Gardner became the 14th Yankees position player to play 14 or more consecutive seasons on April 3, 2021, while playing left field against the Toronto Blue Jays.
Brett Gardner Biography
|Real Name||Brett Michael Gardner|
|Birth Date||August 24, 1983|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Holly Hill, South Carolina, USA|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 9” – in Centimeters – 180 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 88 kg – in Pounds – 194 lbs|
|Rund batted in||559|
|Brother||One (Glen Gardner)|
|School||Holly Hill High School|
|College||College of Charleston|
|Who is his wife?||Jessica Gardner|
Brett is a husband and father. Jessica Clendenin, his wife, and married in 2007. Gardner married Jessica Clendenin, his longtime lover, in 2007. Brett proposed to Jessica on a beach in Clearwater, Florida, during spring training. Gardner’s wedding took place at 1st Presbyterian Church on Peachtree on December 1, 2007.
While the reception was held at the Piedmont Driving Club in Atlanta, he has been enjoying his life with Jessica since they married. They are the parents of two sons. Hunter and Miller are their two sons. Summerville, South Carolina is home to the Gardners.
Brett Gardner Net worth
Brett Gardner is worth a whopping $40 million. He enjoys new cars and has a collection that includes Nissan, Range Rover, Mercedes, and other brands. He made the most of his money throughout his MLB career.
- Gardner is on the list of the most well-known baseball players. Also included in the elite list of well-known Americans born in the United States.
- Gardner was also once regarded as one of Major League Baseball’s fastest players.
- He is well renowned for stealing bases and having excellent plate discipline.
- He probably makes contact on 93 percent of his swings, which puts him in third place in the American League.
- Apart from this, he also saw more pitches per at-bat than any other player in the American League in 2010 and 2014.
- In 2010, he received the Fielding Bible Award for an outstanding defensive left fielder.
- He has a.291 batting average and a.389 on-base percentage in the minor leagues through 2008.
- Brett stole 153 bases while only getting caught 31 times (an 83 percent success rate).
- Gardner finished second in the International League with a.414 on-base percentage, 70 walks, 11 triples, and was sixth in the IL with 37 stolen bases while being caught only nine times in 94 games for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in 2008.
- With the Yankees, Brett Gardner won the World Series in 2009.
- Gardner led the American League in stolen bases and triples in 2011 and 2013.