Tim Pool is an American citizen journalist and a political commentator as well as a YouTuber. He is most famous for live streaming the Occupy Wall Street protests of 2011. Tim joined the famous Vice Media and Fusion TV in the years 2013 and 2014. He has now moved on to working independently on YouTube and other platforms.
Timothy Daniel Pool was born on 9th March, 29186 in the city of Chicago, Illinois. He grew up in the South Side of Chicago in a lower-middle-class family and he left school at a very young age of 14. Tim hasn’t disclosed information about his parents as he likes to keep his personal life very private and secretive. He also claims that he is of Korean descent. When it comes to education, Pool hasn’t attended a university yet. He left school at the age of 14.
Tim Pool Career
In the year 2013, Pool joined Vice Media as a hosting and producing content creator as well as a developer of new methods of reporting. He reported on the Gezi Park protests in Istanbul with the help of Google Glass in the year 2013. After that, he received a Shorty Award for the ‘Best Journalist in Social Media”. From the year 2013 to 2014, he worked as a Vice correspondent as he covered and live-streamed mass protests in Ukraine that led to the collapse of the Yanukovych government. In the year 2014, he joined Fusion TV as the Director of Media innovation and Senior Correspondent. He says that he’s working on an Internet and social media startup which seems to be exploding. According to him, they’ve raised some money and he really thinks that this project is going to change the world.
Tim has a verified Instagram account (@timcast) which has over more than 213k followers. He also has a verified Twitter account (@Timcast) which has over more than 808.2k followers. He also has three YouTube channels for content creation: Tim Pool (1,230,000+ subs), Timcast (1,090,000+ subs) and Timcast IRL (948,000+subs).
Tim Pool Biography
|Real Name||Timothy Daniel Pool|
|Birth Date||9 March 1986|
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 10” – in Centimetres – 177 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 65 kg – in Pounds – 143 lbs|
|Shoe Size||10 (U.S.)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Is he a Gay?||No|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Destination||Not Known|
|Favorite Color||Not Known|
According to him, he is single and doesn’t have any kids. He explains that this is because women are feminists and not because they don’t like him. When Pool was in Sweden, he said that migrant suburbs of Malmo and Stockholm were crime-ridden while also saying that Chicago is vastly more violent. Tim also alleged that he had to be escorted by police out of Rinkeby, a suburb in Stockholm because he was getting threats to his life.
Tim Pool Net worth
Being a young journalist, his total net worth amount estimated at around $1 million. His sources of income are his YouTube videos and his job in Vice Media and Fusion TV. He is one of the richest public journalists in the U.S.
- He was described as lefty and progressive because of his anti-corporate politics by Vice Media.
- Tim rejects a left/right political framework for bot self-description and in various other contexts.
- As of 2019 and 2020, it was observed that most of Tim’s audience largely consisted of right-wing.
- He often gives his opinion and impression that he thinks the news is dying which as a result tends to skew towards liberal and left-leaning audiences.
- Tim is a big Trump supporter and before the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election, he predicted that Trump would win the 2020 election in a 50-state landslide.
- Pool also strongly claims that if you believe in white privilege then you are by definition a racist.
- He is also the Shorty Award winner for Best Journalist in Social Media in the year 2013.
- Tim was featured in TIME’s person of the year in 2011 and is a nominee of the TIME 100.