DeVonta Smith is an American football wide receiver for the Alabama Crimson Tide football. He is well-known as Alabama’s third Heisman Trophy winner, and fourth wide receiver to earn the award.
Smith was born on November 14, 1998, in Amite City, Louisiana, United States. No inputs regarding his family, parents, and siblings have been revealed. On May 14, 2018, he posted a picture on his Instagram handle with his young mother when he was an infant greeting his mother on mother’s day. He studied at Amite High Magnet School, a public school in Amite City. In 2017, he began his college career at the University of Alabama and also committed to play college football there. He earned a degree in education in the summer of 2020.
Devonta Smith Career
In 2017, as a true probationer, DeVonta had eight receptions for 160 yards and three touchdowns. He had the game-winning touchdown reception in overtime to give Alabama the 26-23 wins in the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship against Georgia. Consequently, he had 42 receptions for 693 yards and six touchdowns as a second-year student in 2018. With another strong season in his junior year, Smith continued to build his resume with 68 receptions for 1,256 yards and 14 touchdowns. Later on January 6, 2020, he publicized that he would return to Alabama for his senior season. In 1998, since its inception, Smith became the first wide receiver to win the AP Player of the Year award.
He won various awards in the year 2020. He earned six awards namely, “Heisman Trophy”, “Paul Hornung Award”, “Associated Press College Football Player of the Year”, “Unanimous All-American”, “SEC Offensive Player of the Year”, and “2× First Team All-SEC”.
The talented athlete has secured thousands of fans in a short period of time. He has more than 186K followers on Instagram having uploaded just 34 pictures until now which are mostly been snapped during his matches. Smith also has more than 60K followers on Twitter and he is quite popular on YouTube as several videos of his matches have been uploaded.
Devonta Smith Biography
|Real Name||Devonta Smith|
|Birth Date||14 November 1998|
|Birth Place||Louisiana, U.S.|
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 1” – in Centimetres – 185 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 79 kg – in Pounds – 174 lbs|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Biceps Size||16 inches|
|Shoe Size||12 (U.S.)|
|School||Amite High Magnet School|
|College||The University of Alabama|
|Is he a Gay?||No|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination||Not Known|
|Favourite Color||Not Known|
According to the reports, it is believed that Smith has no interest in relationships and therefore no insights regarding his current as well as past dating life are known. Looking at the pictures that he posts on his social media accounts, it is expected that the young athlete is highly dedicated to his football career.
DeVonta Smith Net Worth
The net worth of DeVonta has been growing notably due to his excellent performance in his matches. His source of income is mostly being a skillful player. It is estimated that his net worth is somewhere around $3 million.
- Smith broke his school’s record for single-game against Ole Miss receiving touchdowns with five.
- To win the 2020 Heisman Trophy, Smith would beat out Trevor Lawrence, teammate Mac Jones, and Kyle Trask, becoming the first-ever wide receiver to win the award since 1991.
- The young athlete passed Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys receiver for most receiving yards in a game.
- According to Scout and 247Sports, Smith was considered a five-star prospect.
- Over LSU, TCU, Miami, and Oklahoma, DeVonta chose Alabama.
- In the 2016 LHSAA Class 3A football state title game, he won the Most Outstanding Player award.
- Smith and fellow wide receiver Jerry Jeudy were teammates at Alabama football.
- He once played rock paper scissors during the Alabama vs. Southern Miss game for route dibs with Jerry Jeudy.