Chris Duarte is a Canada-based professional basketball player who plays for the Indiana Pacers of NBA (National Basketball Association). He played college basketball for Northwest Florida State Raiders and Oregon Ducks. He was honored with the NABC NJCAA Player of the Year award in 2019 and has also received an honor of Jerry West Award 2021 that further makes him a top collegiate shooting guard.
Chris Duarte was born on 13th June 1997 and was born in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. He was brought up in the Dominican Republic and later moved to New York with his family. He took participation in Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game in 2017 and was ranked at a fifth position within the list of best players in New York by 247 Sports. Originally, he was committed to playing college basketball for Western Kentucky but later he started his career with Northwest Florida State College.
Chris Duarte Career
While playing as a freshman, Chris started his career with Northwest Florida State College where he rushed for an average scoring of 12.1 and 6.7 rebounds with two steals in 23.3 minutes per game. He was honored with All-Panhandle Conference honors and made his team reach the Elite Eight round of the NJCAA Division I Championship. On 20th September 2018, he made it public that he will continue to play for NCAA Division I program Oregon after spending one more season with Northwest Florida State. Duarte made his debut with Oregon on 5th November 2019 when he played against Fresno State and finished the game with a win by 71-57. He rushed for his junior high season of 31 points and shooting for 12 out of 15 from the field.
One day later, he was honored with Pac-12 conference player of the week. On 23rd January 2020, he made an overall record of 30 points and 11 rebounds with eight steals and runs of 79-70 over USC. He was selected by the NBA Draft 2021 in the 13th pick by Indiana Pacers. On 4th August he signed his contract with Pacers and later he made his debut on 9th August 2021 with a big loss to 94-86 against the New York Knicks. On 20th October, he made his NBA debut with an overall scoring of 27 points with five rebounds that further helped the Pacers to set a record with the rookie debut.
Chris Duarte Biography
|Real Name||Christopher Theoret Duarte|
|Birth Date||13 June 1997|
|Age (as of 2021)||24 Years|
|Birth Place||Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic|
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 5” – in Centimeters – 196 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 86 kg – in Pounds –190 lbs|
|Shoe Size||14 (U.S.)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|School||Redemption Christian Academy|
|College||Northwest Florida State College|
|Who is his wife?||Sylvia Velazquez|
He is having a son with his longtime girlfriend Sylvia Velazquez. His girlfriend is a well-known businesswoman. The couple met each other through an introduction by a mutual friend and later became lovers and then started dating each other. Sylvia is 24 years old lady who belongs to Puerto Rican International.
Chris Duarte Net Worth
Chris Duarte has not disclosed a particular figure of his earnings but it can be estimated that his net worth is nearly $5 million. He is an exceptional basketball player who has earned a lot of fame because of his basketball career. He enjoys an annual salary of around $3 million and has made a four-year contract with NBA rookie.
- Chris Duarte is a rising NBA star who was selected at overall 13th rank by the Pacers on Thursday night of the 2021 NBA draft.
- Most of his fans know him as the proud dad of a 17th-month-old child named Christopher whom he shares with his girlfriend named Sylvia Velazquez.
- It is still unclear when the couple started dating each other but it seems that they have maintained a long-term relationship and appeared in front of the public in 2019.
- After Duarte was drafted by Indiana, the young boy credited his newly born son to be the reason behind helping him to reach the NBA.
- He states that his only son named Christopher is everything for him and who completes his family.
- His girlfriend Sylvia Velazquez supported him throughout his career and saw him transiting from Northwest Florida State to Oregon and later his appearance in NCAA Tournament.
- Duarte was the recipient of the 2021 Jerry West Award in Men’s collegiate basketball.