Ali Wentworth is a stand-up comedian, actress, author, and producer from the United States. She is most known for her appearances in ‘In Living Color,’ ‘Starz,’ ‘Seinfeld,’ ‘Head Case,’ ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show,’ and Nightcap, a TV series she developed, wrote, and starred in. She was also the host of the Yahoo show “The Daily Shot with Ali Wentworth.”
Ali Wentworth was born in Washington, DC on January 12, 1965. Muffie Cabot and Eric Wentworth are her parents, and she comes from a well-known family. Alexandra Wentworth is her birth name, and she has a sister named Sissy Yates. From 1981 until 1983, Wentworth’s mother worked as the Social Secretary in Nancy Reagan’s White House.
Her father worked as a reporter for the Washington Post. Her stepfather, Henry Brandon, was also a Washington correspondent for the Sunday Times of London. Janet Elliott Wulsin, Ali’s maternal grandmother and an adventurer, was another notable family member. Dana Hall School for Girls, Bard College, New York University, and Columbia University were among her educational institutions.
Ali Wentworth Career
Wеntwоrth began her career immediately after graduation when she was chosen as a cast member of Fоx’s skеtсh соmеdу series ‘in LIVING Cоlоr’ from 1992 to 1994. She was feаturеd аs Cаndу Cаnе, а уоung рrоmіѕсuоuѕ dаughtеr оf Grаndра Јасk МсGее. With the success in the first series, hе fеаturеd in аnоthеr sроrts соmеdу series “Hаrdbаll,” where she роrtrауеd thе сhаrасtеr оf Lee Еmоrу. Wentworth appeared as a correspondent on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” She played Jerry Seinfeld’s girlfriend Sheila in the unforgettable “Soup Nazi” episode of Seinfeld in 1995.
She has a recurring role on the Warner Bros. (WB) sitcom Felicity. In 2003, she co-hosted the syndicated discussion show With Jack Ford with Ali & Jack on the Living It Up! network. As a producer, She has accomplished a lot. On the Starz television network, Wentworth starred in the comedy Head Case. Wentworth hosts The Marriage Ref. Daily Clip, a brief daily chat show feature on Yahoo! Shine. Wentworth produced and performed in Nightcap in 2016. The show ran for two seasons. She and Jack-Jack Ford co-hosted the syndicated discussion show Living It Up! in 2003.
In addition to this, she had landed some remarkable appearances that include Jerry Maguire, Office Space, and It’s Complicated. Ali is an author who has written four books so far. They are Other Tall Tales, The WASP Cookbook, Go Ask Ali, and Ali in Wonderland. Wentworth appeared as a celebrity guest on the “$100,000 Pyramid” (The $100,000 Pyramid) on July 23, 2017 (S2 E07), alongside Kathy Najimy, to help her contestant partner win the $150,000 grand prize. In 2017, she was last featured in the comedy anthology Nightcap. In the year 2020, she caught COVID-19.
Ali Wentworth Biography
|Real Name||Alexandra Wentworth|
|Birth Date||12 January 1965|
|Age (as of 2021)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 7” – in Centimeters – 170 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 58 kg – in Pounds – 128 lbs|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips Size||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (U.S.)|
|Mother||Mabel Brandon Cabot|
|School||Dana Hall School|
|Is she a Lesbian?||No|
|Children||Two (Elliott Anastasia & Harper Andrea Stephanopoulos)|
Ali Wentworth married ABC’s lead anchor and political correspondent, George Stephanopoulos, who also co-anchors GMA with Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan. Since November 20, 2001, the couple has been married. They first met on a blind date in April 2001 and started dating soon after. Their wedding took place in June 2001 at the Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity on New York City’s Upper East Side, following their engagement in June 2001.
Ali and her husband have two daughters, Elliott Anastasia Stephanopoulos and Harper Andrea Stephanopoulos, who were born on September 9, 2002, and June 2, 2005, respectively. The family resides in Manhattan.
Ali Wentworth Net Worth
As of 2020, she is believed to have a net worth of $16 million. Her wealth was amassed through her work as an actor, comedian, author, and producer.
- She appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America (1975) (GMA) to announce her engagement to George Stephanopoulos, a political correspondent for GMA.
- The Dean of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in NYC, the home parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is her father-in-law, the Very Reverend Robert Stephanopolous.
- Jane Kaczmarek and Lee Woodruff’s friend.
- Writes a column for Marie Claire, a women’s magazine.
- With Jack Ford, co-hosted a short-lived daily chat show. Living It Up! with Ali and Jack was the name of the show (2003).
- She went to the same high school as actor Jeffrey Wright in Washington, D.C. as a teenager.
- Is a good friend of Mariska Hargitay, the actress.
- In her 2018 book “Go Ask Ali,” she includes a chapter regarding whether or not to hire a “sexy” babysitter as a cautionary tale. She claims to have three acquaintances who have had their spouses murdered by babysitters.
- Chris Rock is one of her favorite comedians.
- Ali appeared as Jerry’s love interest in one episode of “Seinfeld,” titled Seinfeld: The Soup Nazi, during her time on In Living Color (1990). (1995). It went down in history as one of the most memorable episodes of the whole show.
- She was born on the same day as filmmaker Rob Zombie.